Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Tech: Motorola Droid: Companion Link USB sync

Yesterday I wrote about the Droid and one of the gripes I had was the inability to sync notes and tasks. I also wrote about CompanionLink for Google. Well, turns out they have another product, CompanionLink USB for Android, that does exactly what I was going to write an app for. While Android does not have a native Notes or Tasks, CompanionLink USB has a built in app to store these items. Plus, it doesn't use any 3rd parties in the cloud, it just syncs directly. While it doesnt give me the ability to drag tasks to the calendar, thats OK, I typically do this on Outlook anyway. It also uses its own internal calendar, which while lacking a month or week view, it lays appointments out one after the other, just like the Today screen on the HTC Touch did, or the Agenda view in the Android calendar. This is perfect, exactly what I was looking for. The only other thing I could want from it is a widget that displays this on the desktop. Other than that, this was the final nail in the coffin for my trusty HTC Touch, you will be missed.

1 comment:

usb said...

Wow this is so much cool. I've been waiting for this cellphone