Thursday, January 25, 2007

Travel: Memorex iFlip Portable Video Screen for IPod Video

Since I am traveling quite a bit, I picked up a Memorex Mi8000BLK iFlip for my Ipod Video. I can't stand the small screen, so I figured a nice portable video unit was the solution.

The Pros:
Screen is big
Sounds good
SVideo and RCA Audio output looks decent (artifacting was not fault of unit, but off video compression, but it was more than watchable).
Durable

The Cons:
Big and Bulky
OnScreen pixels are very noticable, and its an LCD???
Screen colors seems a little washed out
Opening is a little difficult


Overall, I am pleased with the device. I don't have to get a portable DVD player since I can easily grab my DVD's using CuCusoft DVD to Ipod and store them on my IPod for inflight entertainment, or purchase stuff off ITunes (I just picked up the first season of Lost, something I missed on TV so I figured I would catch up).

The one thing I will say is that this is a toy. If you don't need one, don't buy it. It makes travel a little more tolerable. I do have to say, it is kind of cool to pull this thing on on a flight and have the passengers around me peek over to look as well.

No comments: