Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Games: Guitar Hero on your PC

I mentioned previously my love of Guitar Hero 2. Well, totally forgetting that since the wired controller is essentially an Xbox 360 controller, and the fact that Windows XP automatically recognizes said controllers, it never occurred to me that I could plus in the guitar to my PC, until I read this article explaining that the 360s guitar controller could be used with the open source clone of Guitar Hero, called Frets on Fire. It also comes with a built in Guitar Hero Song ripper that will take the song right off the Guitar Hero DVD (I am assuming it is the PS2 version since this feature did not work with the 360 version). This is great since I travel a lot, so now I can practice and keep up with my fiancĂ©e, who just happens to be better than me at it. Lets hope that Red Octane doesn’t get a wild hare in the you know where about this and decide to cry DMCA or some crap. As a legitimate owner of Guitar Hero, its nice to be able to play on the go.

No comments: